Dear New Jersey Legislator,
New Jersey United for Marijuana Reform ( www.njumr.org ) reports that:
- there are over 21,000 arrests for marijuana possession each year in the state, and
- New Jersey spent over one billion dollars in the last decade on enforcement of these laws, and
- minorities in New Jersey are nearly three times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than Caucasians, despite similar rates of use, and
- New Jersey could potentially receive over a hundred million dollars per year in new revenue from the taxation of regulated marijuana sales, and
- regulating marijuana in a State-controlled system will ensure strict controls over marijuana advertising, labeling, potency and quality, while preventing access to youth, and
- driving under the influence of marijuana will remain illegal in New Jersey.
In view of this, do you support legislation to legalize, tax and regulate marijuana for adults in New Jersey?
____ ___ ___________
YES NO UNDECIDED
Please return survey to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to the address below.
Many thanks for your participation in this important survey!
Ken Wolski, RN, MPA
Coalition for Medical Marijuana--New Jersey, Inc. www.cmmnj.org
219 Woodside Ave.
Trenton, NJ 08618
CMMNJ, a 501(c)(3) public charity, is a non-profit educational organization.