CMMNJ Monthly Public Meeting Minutes
Held at the Lawrence Township Library
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
7:15 PM: Meeting called to order. July 2009 minutes approved. Discussion:
- Please attend a rally at the court house at 20 N. Bridge St., Somerville, NJ on Fri., 8/21 from 11AM to 2PM in support of multiple sclerosis (MS) patient John Wilson, who faces 20 years in prison for growing marijuana to treat his disease. John was forbidden by the judge to even mention his medical condition during his trial. For directions and parking call 908-231-7000. Local police ask only that the rally be peaceful and not obstruct traffic and be confined to the sidewalks in front of the court house.
- In addition to the Somerville rally, CMMNJ will appear at the following upcoming events:
· Wed., 8/19 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM; Northeast Regional Library, 2228 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA;
· Wed., 8/26, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM, Levittown Regional Library, 7311 New Falls Road, Levittown, PA;
· “Vasagrass” Music Festival; 8/29, 1:00 to 9:30 PM in Hackettstown, NJ; http://tickets.createavibe.com/;
· Boston Freedom Rally, Sept. 19, 2009 & NORML Conference, San Francisco, Sept. 24-26, 2009;
· Midwest Marijuana Harvest Festival, 10/1-4 in Madison, WI and the New York Harvest Fest 10/9-12.
· the NJ League of Municipalities Conference in Atlantic City in November.
- CMMNJ members continue to contact and meet with legislators regarding the overly restrictive “substitutions” to the New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act which is due for a vote by the entire Assembly this November. Tell your legislators that you want the Senate version of the bill that does not contain these restrictions, to pass into law. Discussion re: print and video ads.
- CMMNJ has new photos, etc. on Facebook and Facebook Friends of CMMNJ.
-Treasury report: Current account balances: Checking: $4129.89; PayPal: $133.23. Please consider a tax-deductible donation to CMMNJ, a 501(c)(3) organization. All funds received go towards public education about medical marijuana. Donations may be made securely through Paypal or checks made out to “CMMNJ” and sent to corporate headquarters at the address below. Get a free t-shirt for a donation above $15—specify size. Thank you for your support.
9:00 PM Adjourn meeting.
Scheduled meetings are Sept. 8, Oct. 13, & Nov. 10, 2009. CMMNJ meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at the Lawrence Twp. Library from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM. All are welcome. Snacks are served. The library is at 2751 Brunswick Pike, Lawrence Twp., Tel. #609.882.9246. (Meeting at the library does not imply their endorsement of our issue.) For more info, contact:
Ken Wolski, RN, MPA
Executive Director, Coalition for Medical Marijuana--New Jersey, Inc. www.cmmnj.org
844 Spruce St., Trenton, NJ 08648
(609) 394-2137 firstname.lastname@example.org